Saturday, December 8, 2007

What a torturing week

This week... ayoyo... My supervisor (sv) seems to be the most hardworking human being on earth I've ever met! He expects me to come and see him almost everyday. Hari-hari kene bagi report ape progress. It is totally not cool and torturing! If I were to miss my presence at my workstation even only for a day, he will definitely email and ask me why...what the @#*&? Plus, he'll never miss to flood me in with piles and piles of research papers to read. Adushhhh! Aren't this insane? Is doing PhD this insane? Btw, my sv is actually the deputy dean of the School of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) in UNSW :-(.

The most happening thing for me is that I've just received my PC yesterday (Jumaat). A CSE PhD student will automatically be allocated with an amount of money from the school to buy PC or laptop. I was thinking about buying a laptop but my sv disagreed. He already knew that if I'm using a laptop, surely selalu hilang takdak kat school. Hohoho... Anyway, my PC seems to be the most advance and powerful machine among all the other PCs in CSE. The spec:

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad Processor Q6600
2GB (2X1GB) NECC Dual Channel DDR2 667MHz SD RAM Memory
320GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
bla bla bla... check out the website:
http://www.dell.com.au

It was shipped from PENANG, MALAYSIA. Wah wah wah... proud to be Malaysian.

Right now, we are still waiting for the laptop ordered by Sal. laptop tu warna pink lagi;-) shipping from Penang gak...haiiii..rindunya kat tanahair...... Maybe by Monday dpt la kut....

One problem though, and a big one I think. The OS of my PC is Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, but my sv asked me to use Linux. And here, you have to configure your own PC. Hahaha, never used linux before. Who can help me to give a tutorial in how to install the linux. Do I have to reformat the PC? Help! Help!

5 comments:

Nabil said...

Huhu...mcm best pc tu...haa dah dpt pc best kenala rajin2. Baru tau rasa camne configure pc sendiri :D

Takpe2...nnt dah terer boleh balik sini jadi timb.dekan lak (sbb dekan iso dah amik...ahahaha)

Anonymous said...

wah..lawanya pc..

nak install linux tak yah format pc. Nanti pc dual boot (vista n linux). Dld je linux nye .iso file. http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora

dld, kde or gnome lebih kurang tp faiz suggest kde environment, burn, dalam cd atleast 2 or atmost 5. pehtu instal cam instal window je, Click next n next. cari kat net for details instruction. Good Luck!!

Ahmad Javanese said...

hohohoho... lawo PC :P Ntah2 ko amik allocation aku dulu kot. dulu aku dah order, tapi since aku balik... ntah sapaa la dapat. kekekeke :P

Anywayz. nice PC. lepas ni leh aa network gaming :) hehehehe.

Tapi kira ok apa SV ko kasik paper banyak2 nak baca. At least dia kasik kau direction. Jian Zhang dulu pon kasik gak paper... tapi dia kasik paper budak hardcore triple X engineering nye. Aku dah le baby calculus pon dapat bukan A!!!! Uwaaaaa...

tapi takpe. teruskan usaha. Pressurekan diri... dan yeous. PHD kat UNSW mmg agak torture, especially with an asian SV. tapi takpe. ko leh buat. U ARE DA MAN!!!

Ahmad Javanese said...

wes, ko takde amik gambo kat rumah opera ke? tapi yg pasti jgn letak gambar kau di nude beach berdekatan itu. kekekekeke

Sazly Salfarina said...

insyaAllah study dah mula....cuma lum nampak lg hasilnyer...
gambar bnyk tmpt dah amek cam kat Sydney Opera House, Barber Street dsb. takyah la tgk, nnt mengundang kerinduan ko pulak.
ade plan ke nak dtg sini kawan-kawan? meh la, kecik tapak tangan nyiru kami tadahkan.